In need of a Russian Language Analyst to support the Target Focused Solutions team. Must be able to provide full-time support (40 hours/week) and be on-site to work with the team during core hours. Possess proficiency and capability to translate and analyze graphic, written/textual, and voice artifacts.
- Provide gists, extracts, and full translations of artifacts
- Produce summaries from written material
- Perform quality control of translations
- Provide ad-hoc translations of voice, graphic, and/or text/written artifacts to members of the analyst team
- Help identify patterns and draw connections to key phrases or information of interest seen in artifacts and provide that data to team
- Collaborate with team to determine prioritization of data to be translated, technical data or colloquialisms are most of interest to the team
- TS/SCI Clearance with Full Scope polygraph
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Familiarity and experience with customer’s proprietary collaborative analytic workspace tool
Minimum Experience Required:
No cryptologic experience required. Must be level 3 in listening, reading and translation as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable. Shall possess native or very near native competency in the foreign language, defined for the purpose of this qualification as a person who grew up and was educated in a language in a country where the language is an official, national or commonly spoken language, and who has full mastery of the language (oral fluency and literacy) and full understanding of his/her cultural heritage. Shall have an excellent command of the grammar, constructions, and syntax of the foreign language. Shall be abreast of idioms, colloquialisms, and slang, and have a sophisticated understanding of the cultural, social, and political environment in which the language is used. Shall be bilingual to the extent they can produce well-written and accurate gists, summaries, translations, and reports in American English. Work largely independently after a short period of target familiarization and training. Basic internet research skills and an understanding of telecommunications and computer network communications fundamentals are also desired, although not required. Required to pass standard language test(s) in accordance with the required language level(s). Must have excellent oral and written American English language capabilities.