Mid-Level Systems Engineer (Unix)
- Experience developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs.
- Experience developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations.
- Experience performing a variety of tasks related to knowledge/ technique dissemination to groups of analytic workforce and demonstrates an ability to convey new techniques and technologies to analytic workforce and facilitate transference of acquired knowledge from more experienced analysts to new analysts.
- Experience assisting with the infusion of emerging technologies emanating from universities, research organizations, and small businesses to include both classified and open source activities.
- Experience in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations.
- Experience applying agile and/or spiral development models.
- Experience integrating information systems into SOA or on to ESB architectures.
- Experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Experience integrating FOSS, COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
- Experience implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access.
- Experience developing and deploying integrated desktop applications.
Technical Skills Required:
- Basic Unix system administration skills
- Passion for metrics collection of back-end systems
- Strong experience with metrics management tools (SPLUNK, ELK)
- Experience developing front-end dashboards for metrics collection
- Knowledge of system and application log files.
- Must have fluency in at least one scripting/coding language such as Ruby, BASH, Python, or Java
- Knowledge of configuration management systems (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions for operations such as; Nagios, Collectd, logstash, Kafka, Cassandra
- Experience using distributed source code control such as Git, mercurial
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience
- Experience conducting root cause analysis with other systems engineers and software developers
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least seven (7) years in the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph required