Mid-Level Software Engineer (Splunk)
- Design and develop dashboards for analysis and data visualization using COTS products such as Splunk, Qlik, and Tableau, as well as open source software components.
- Install, configure, test, deploy, and support various software products
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years of experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience installing, evaluating, and integrating commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and open source software components into applications and deploying and supporting them in production
- Understanding of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) operations and issues
- Knowledge of web front-end development using current languages, libraries, and development tools (e.g., JQuery, CSS, HTML5, JSON)
- Familiarity with industry best practices for Agile software development, automated testing, and continuous integration
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years’ experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing SW for UNIX or LINUX (Redhat versions 5 – 7) OS. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.