Develops and applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems. Plans, conducts, technically directs, and evaluates projects or major phases of significant projects, coordinating the efforts of engineers and technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects. Conducts investigations and test of considerable complexity. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. Provides technical consultation to other organizations.
- Direct experience leading teams of software developers
- Experience interacting with project customers and stakeholders to report project status, and manage subsystem requirements
- Direct experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)/middleware technologies such as enterprise service bus (ESB), COREA, SOAP, or Internet Communications Engine (ICE)
- Experience using IDEs such as JBuilder and/or Eclipse
- Direct experience with EMF tools such as Subversion/Trac or GIT
Technical Skills Required:
- scripting languages (Python or Perl)
- CM tools
Minimum Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 8-15 years of applicable software design and development experience; or 14-19 years of applicable software design and development experience.
TS/SCI with Polygraph required.