Provide software engineering support to integrate analytics into corporate systems and visualization tools; design, develop, modify, code, test, debug, enhance, document and maintain software applications and processes. Provide software development plants than include concepts, objectives, and requirements to be satisfied and procedures to be used during the system development to include timeline, logistics/support requirements, testing, and documentation. All work performed shall be done in a thorough, cost-effective manner and in accordance with the inspection and workmanship requirements.
Individual(s) assigned to this category shall have an understanding of how UIS code works and how analysts use UIS. Knowledge of XML structure, XML parsers, SQL and Perl is required. Development skills in Java threading/thread pooling, RMI, character set encoding, swing, JDBC, JMS, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, Web Logic, Servlets, and JSP are required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience in engineering, computer science, mathematics.
- Must have experience in software development and experience in computer science or computer engineering
- Experience in Java Development
- Familiarity with concepts of application design
- Familiarity with a variety of programming/languages/concepts
- Demonstrated ability to innovate with a drive and desire to explore possible solutions to help refine the objectives, as well as anticipate future capabilities
- Experience in customer engagement and understanding and determining real customer needs.
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have experience working with several of the following:
- Angular- JS
Special Technical Skills Desired:
Minimum Experience Required:
Candidates shall have eight (8) to eighteen (18) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, including at least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers. Additionally, at least three (3) years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.