Configure and maintain a large number of remote devices running custom software. Applying system and security updates to those devices. Use scripts to automate device maintenance and optimize functionality across multiple platforms. Design and implement feature enhancements to existing software based on customer requirements.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience installing operating systems.
- Experience installing driver software, applying software upgrades, and security patches to existing systems.
- Experience writing shell scripts and batch scripts on Unix-based and Windows Operating systems.
- Experience navigating, manipulating files, and installing software using a command prompt on Windows and Unix-based platforms.
- Experience designing and implementing enhancements to existing applications based on customer requirements.
- Knowledge of network application principles including communication protocols such as HTTP and TCP.
- Ability to work independently at a fast pace.
- Ability to communicate directly with customers to determine requirements and adapt to feedback.
- Experience generating and interpreting detailed system documentation and network schematics.