Junior Level Software Engineer Java/JQuery
- Perform Full Stack development
- Perform research tasks to improve the delivery time of capability to users
- Select and apply standard design patterns for client server architectures
- Create Transcription full and featured releases, as required
- Provide assistance to the Help Desk to troubleshoot and debug issues from the users
- Experienced Full Stack Developer with Java, and JQuery or equivalents for enterprise Java developers and developing at least one Object Oriented System (OOS).
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least four (4) documents in support of a software development project.
- Designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- Experience in development within the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE) or Rich client Platform (RCE)
- Experience with Web Services (RESTful); Consuming and Writing
- Detail-oriented and thorough in designing, coding, and testing
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and standards
- Innovative thinker with good problem solving skills. Self-starter who requires little direction.
- Experience with MongoDB
- Familiarity with JIRA or other change tracking software
- Experience with Tomcat
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Windows
- Experience with Agile methods
- Experience with automated unit testing tools (JUnit)
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least six (6) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least four (4) years developing software in an enterprise environment.
- At least three (3) years developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least one (1) year of this experience must have been obtained within the last two (2) years.
- At least three (3) years in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.