This is a Software Engineering position that involves designing, developing, building and deploying software code to implement streaming analytics that involves the full software development lifecycle to include:
- Design, develop, unit/integration testing, and deploy new software code that provides new functionality; as well as extending and/or modifying existing software code
- Use object-oriented software methodologies
- Write and implement code using real-time streaming software frameworks (Storm, Distillery, SPARK, etc.)
- Write and implement code to interact with object-relational as well as NoSQL distributed databases
- Be proficient in writing and building C++ code on the LINUX operating system
- Write LINUX based scripts for code integration and cron jobs (e.g. Bourne, C, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Manage code using the Atlassian tool suite (e.g. Git, Stash, Jira ticketing, confluence, etc.)
- Ensure that code integrates with external hardware/software systems.
- Prepare code documentation; UML artifacts
- Have a working knowledge of network protocols
- Be able to write code to convert different encoded data formats (e.g., XML, JASON, etc.)
- Have a working knowledge of how to implement middle-tier web services.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or repositories
- Debug existing software and corrects defects
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
Technical Skills Required:
- C/C++ Software Development Language
- Unit Test framework with code coverage (e.g., ATF – automated Testing framework, CUTE – C++ Unit Test Easier)
- ORDBMS (e.g., MySql, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase)
- Distributed NoSQL Database system (e.g., MongoDB, Accumulo, Redis, HBase, Cassandra)
- Familiarity with streaming frameworks (e.g., STORM, Apache Spark, Distillery).
- Data formats (e.g., JSON, XML, HTML and XHTML DOM)
- Build code using Maven
- Various Network protocols
- REST WebServices
- LINUX operating system
- Be able to rapidly generate and deploy code via IDE (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans)
Minimum Experience Required:
Seven (7) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.