Provide software engineering support to create cloud analytics addressing current and future project needs. Correlate data sets in cloud architecture to answer survey and network protocol questions and identity gaps between survey needs and capabilities. Identify and create analytics to summarize high-speed network information for integration into corporate visualization tools.
Technical Skills Required:
- At least three (3) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+), and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts).
- At least two (2) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools
- Must have experience in software development and experience in computer science or computer engineering of which 3 years of the experience must be in Java
- Must have XML experience using the XML Technology
- Demonstrated ability to innovate with a drive and desire to explore possible solutions to help refine the objectives, as well as anticipate future capabilities needed by analysts
- Experience in customer engagement and understanding and determining real customer needs.
- Familiarity with concepts of application design
- Familiarity with a variety of programming languages/concepts
Special Technical Skills Desired:
- 2 years experience with writing cloud analytics (HADOOP, MapReduce, Accumulo) in Pig or Java
- Prior experience developing analytics for survey and intelligence value assessments
- Eclipse, Maven, web services development, lightweight J2EE framework, and XQuery experience
Minimum Experience Required:
- At least five (5) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.