ProObject is seeking an entry-level Systems Administrator to provide Cybersecurity support to clients and support the corporate information systems infrastructure in our Hanover, MD headquarters. The mid-level Systems Administrator will be responsible for implementation of Cybersecurity best practices, in accordance with industry best practices and NIST 800-171 standards. The candidate will be responsible for configuration and maintenance of corporate servers, desktops, applications, firewalls, routers, switches and networks in an unclassified corporate environment. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with executive leadership and clients in defining and implementing Cybersecurity best practices.
Candidate must also demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to provide support to end-users at all levels in the organization. The candidate must be responsive and exhibit good attention to detail.
Technical Skills Required:
- Systems administration experience
- Windows Server administration
- Supporting Active Directory domains
- Securing Windows servers
- Linux administration (RedHat preferred)
- Network administration /support (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, routers, switches)
- Firewall administration (Cisco or SonicWall preferred)
- Enterprise backups (Veritas or equivalent)
- E-mail administration (Exchange or equivalent)
- Website administration (WordPress, MS IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss)
- Database administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Desktop application support (MS Office, etc)
- Support to Java technologies (installations, updates, patches)
- Desktop user support (updates, patches, virus protection)
- Experience supporting phone/voicemail systems desired
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum two years of IT experience
- Bachelor Degree, Associates Degree, or two additional years of work experience
- A strong understanding of relevant technologies, solutions, troubleshooting, & support
- Clear, professional, friendly, and effective written and verbal communication skills
- US Citizenship Required. No clearance required.