Configuration Manager Level 1
- This position will require working daily within a Linux desktop environment. All software products delivered to CM will be managed through a Linux workflow.
- Perform Configuration Management (CM) for all software to be integrated. Build and label internally developed software, perform sanitization, verify Gate 3 criteria, gather and report metrics, and verify Artifactory outputs prior to releasing to I&T.
- Utilize CM tools and provide customer service to users. CM tools may include, but are not limited to, ClearCase, ClearQuest, for a mixed platform environment (LINUX, UNIX, and Windows). Provide resolution to users issues related to applicable CM tools.
- For all software to be released, assist in the maintenance of appropriate Version Description Documents (VDDs) and deliver releases (includes DRs and full deliveries) to stakeholders.
- Recommend effective CM policies and practices including, but not limited to, branching/baseline strategies, development workflows and release strategies.
- Implement, document, and maintain software build and configuration management scripts.
- Perform and/or arrange media/code scans and document and communicate release deliveries.
- Document CM processes to aid development teams to adopt best-practices.
- Candidate must have a working level of working at the Linux command line.
- Experience scripting (shell script, python, etc.) repeated tasks and interfacing with multiple data repositories.
- Must be able to interface scripts with web applications to deposit and retrieve artifacts delivered through the configuration management process.
- Must have experience with JIRA and Confluence collaboration software.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Two (2) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Associate’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Two (2) years of additional configuration management experience may be substituted for an associate’s degree.